When an athlete is considering involvement in a sport, much the same process occurs.:
1. Decide to INQUIRE about the sport.
2. Step through the doors of the athletic office and find out who is in
charge of the sport…most likely the Coach.
3. Ask the Coach for information about the sport.
From that point on the Coach will determine the placement, position, ability level, of the inquiring athlete.
In the store window of forgiveness hangs an “INQUIRE WITHIN” sign. The act of forgiving others requires some personal preparation for the often difficult job of forgiveness.
1. DECIDE to forgive and not escalate. No matter what another has
done forgiveness is my responsibility – develop an “it’s on me”
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my
anxious thoughts. Psalm 139:23 NIV
LACK OF FORGIVENESS CAN EASILY BECOME A GREATER ISSUE
THAN THE ORIGINAL OFFENSE.
2. STEP into the process by hanging out your own HELP WANTED
sign and open your heart’s door to the One who knows all about it..
Help me, LORD my God; … according to your unfailing love. Psalm 109:25-27
3. ASK the Great Supplier for direction and courage to accomplish the
task at hand...always remembering how much He has forgiven you.
Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as
quickly and thoroughly just as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32 The Message
Blessings…as you INQUIRE WITHIN then get on with the job of forgiving.
©2012 SPORTMOMS & MORE | 11964 Elemar - Portland, OR 97224