Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. Colossians 3:1 NLT
We purposefully PURSUE CHRIST by celebrating his birth. Leaving deity and becoming man he came to live out His Father’s plan for us. To honor His birth we attend special concerts, go to special dinners, give to those in need etc.
Here are some small ways that we can PURSUE CHRIST this Christmas by…
- Sending Christmas greetings reminds us that God sent His only Son to us.
- Decorating our homes reminds us of how God decorates our life with His glory.
- Hanging the ornaments on the tree reminds us that Christ hung on the cross for my sin.
- Wrapping each gift reminds us that God’s gift to us came wrapped in swaddling clothes.
- Enjoying the presence of friends and family during the holidays reminds us of how much we need God’s continual presence in our lives.
- Anxiously Awaiting Christmas morning reminds us to set our sights on the time when we will be forever with Christ.
PRAYER: Dear Father in heaven, thank you for raising me to new life because you sent your Son to this world. I will set my sights on Christ during this Christmas season. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
AS YOU PURSUE CHRIST THIS CHRISTMAS!
©2018 SPORTMOMS & MORE | 11964 Elemar - Portland, OR 97224