· Parents use them when trying to teach a resistant child about something new.
· Coaches use them when a new play is needed against a looming opponent.
· Doctors use them when they are trying to bring healing to new wounds.
· Marketing agencies use them to sell new products
· Teenagers use them thinking it is a new way to get what they want.
· Husbands use them when they are lost and won’t stop for new directions
· Wives use them when they make a new recipe for dinner.
We could go on…but you get the message.
The definition of trust is simply to have confidence in something or someone with hope and expectation. The opposite of trust is fear of the unknown which can easily paralyze our minds, bodies and spirits. For every fear we have there is One who whispers, speaks, or shouts the words TRUST ME! Over and over in His Word God reminds us to put our confidence in Him. This well-known verse epitomizes the definition of trust…
“We know that in everything God works for the good of those who love Him.” Romans 8:28
Although often misused., the regularly-quoted verse above is a powerful reminder to trust in the One we fear most. Writer Max Lucado warns us that any verse can be misused, but that doesn't make it useless!
The next verse is a testimony to the life of the Apostle Paul following his life-changing encounter with the One he feared most. As he was on the road to Damascus God shouted “TRUST ME” to him using bright light, temporary blindness and, I'm quite certain, a bad headache. New life came to Paul as he turned his trust away from the laws of man and toward the ways of God.
“If anyone belongs to Christ, there is a new creation. The old things have gone; everything is made new!” 2 Corinthians 5:17 NCV
TRUSTING GOD IS KNOWING THAT HE IS UP TO SOMETHING NEW AND EMBRACING IT!
Prayer: I hear your whisper (or perhaps it’s a shout) clearly calling,“TRUST ME”! I am ready to fully trust you through the fears of life. Whatever you are up to, Lord, I will cooperate with you knowing that everything is working together for my benefit and to your glory. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Blessings…as your fears turn to trust in the One who loves you most!
©2013 SPORTMOMS & MORE | 11964 Elemar - Portland, OR 97224